As the pastor of Breakthrough Community Church of God, I have a responsibility to protect the flock over which God has made me an overseer/steward. (Acts 20:28) Therefore, I must provide the safest place in order to feed the “Church of God” as possible. With that reasoning in mind, in accordance with the guidelines suggested by the WNCCOG Administrative Bishop, Rev. Dr. Kenneth Bell, we will ONLY have church in person on Sunday Morning and every other Wednesday night. Sunday evenings and every other Wednesdays will still be online until farther notice.
With that being said, praise God, we are RELAUNCHING our Sunday Morning services!
Here is the UPDATED plan:
1. Temperatures and roll will be taken at the door and if a temperature is over 99.9oF, a person, unfortunately, will not be allowed to enter. We will also ask each individual/family:
a) Have you or anyone in your household had any of the following symptoms in the last 14 days: sore throat, cough, chills, body aches for unknown reasons, shortness of breath for unknown reasons, loss of smell, loss of taste, fever at or greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit?
b) Have you or anyone in your household been tested for COVID-19?
c) Do you have any reason to believe you or anyone in your household has been exposed to or acquired COVID-19?
d) To the best of your knowledge have you been in close proximity to any individual who tested positive for COVID-19?
2. Leave 6 feet between families (leave two open chairs between your family and the next).
3. We will skip every other row.
4. Everyone in masks and using hand sanitizer, with the only exception being the praise team while on the pulpit and the pastor while preaching. Masks will be provided by the church for those who do not have his/her own.
5. Ushers and finance committee will wear gloves when dealing with opening doors for all in attendance or dealing with the tithes/offering.
6. We will sanitize the air filters with medical grade sanitizer/disinfectants after every in-person service.
7. High risk individuals encouraged to stay home and join the online service, you will not be thought less of by remaining at home..
8. We will sanitize seats, door handles, and bathrooms after service with Lysol/Clorox and medical grade disinfectants.
9. Everyone will meet in the Sanctuary until August 2nd, when Children's Church will resume. (Masks must also be worn by EVERYONE AT ALL TIMES to the best of our ability in Children's Church.)
10. No handshakes or hugs (elbow bumps are acceptable).
11. We will be praying for people, as the Anointed Touch is a sacrament. Hand sanitizer will be used between each prayer session. If you want prayer but do not wish to have hands laid upon you, we will honor this desire. Simply inform the pastor. All helpers/altar workers MUST wear mask and gloves at all times, with the only exception of the Pastor.
For those who are able to come in person, help encourage everyone to follow our plan. If everyone will do his/her part, we can, together ensure a healthy and successful return to service inside on Sunday morning. Remember: Sunday and Wednesday evenings will still be online.
Bishop Aaron Powers
There are several ways to remain faithful in your
tithes, offerings, and gift giving during this time:
1. Give online at www.breakthroughcc.org Look for the give tab. You would enter an amount and then click on the down arrow to pick what fund the money needs to go into, ex. Tithe, General Offerings, Missions, etc. You can also designate how often you want to give and then select whether to be deducted from a bank account or a debit/credit card.
2. Mail in your gifts to the church at:
Breakthrough Community Church of God
PO Box 829
Mebane, NC 27302.
3. By appointment you can drop off your gift at the church. Call the church at 919-563-2867
4. Text to Give: Text the amount that you would like to give to 84321.
More information on our Church of God Denominational Response can be found at www.churchofgod.org, www.coronacog.com, and WNCCOG information from our Overseer can be found at the Western NC Church of God Facebook.
Remember we love you, are praying for you, and are available to you.
Pastor Powers and Staff of Breakthrough Community Church of God